Public forum is the most popular style of high school debate in the United States and is now practiced all over the world. It is also the style used at the majority of AGD tournaments.
- A guide to Public Forum Debate
- Public Forum short guidelines
- How to Prepare for a Tournament
- Useful websites and other resources for researching topics
British Parliamentary/Worlds/WUDC Style
The most popular style at international university debate tournaments.
- The Practical Guide to Debating by Neill Harvey-Smith
- Winning Debates - A Guide to Debating in the Style of the World Universities Debating Championships by Steve Johnson
- The Birmingham Competitive debating guide, Kindly donated by James Bowker.
- World Universities Debating Championship 2014 Speaking and Judging guides
- World Universities Debating Championship, Speaker Scale - Used at most BP style debating competitions as well.
- Monash Association of Debaters, Handbooks and Guides.
3 vs 3 Debating Styles - Australs, Asians and World Schools (WSDC)
Lincoln Douglas (LD)
- A hub of example Lincoln Douglas frameworks: http://www.valuecriterion.com/
- Open evidence project: http://www.debatecoaches.org/resources/open-evidence-project/
- Open case list wikis:http://hspolicy.debatecoaches.org/
- Circuit Debater: http://circuitdebater.wikispaces.com/
Resources for Community News/Camps
- Victory Briefs: http://www.vbidebate.com/
- National Symposium for Debate: http://nsdupdate.com/nsd-camps-overview/
- Premier Debate: http://premierdebatetoday.com/
APDA (American Parliamentary Debbating Association) Style
- About APDA
- Novice Mentor Articles
- Typical Tournament
- How to register for a tournament
- Huge resource of videos
General Debating resources
(BP Focused but generally cross applicable)
- A crowdsourced glossary of debating terminology and jargon.
- Googledoc of debating videos
- Shengwu Li’s Blog Lots of excellent advice on improving as a debater and meta-debate discussions.
- The Monash Debating Review: (Academic articles on debating.)
- International Debate Education Association: Debatabase, Teaching resources, Debating in the Neighbourhood Skills Guides
- Frederick Cowell on how to beat stronger teams [Video on Facebook]
- How to Debate International Relations Motions, by Jonathan Leader Maynard
- Debating can change your life: Lucinda David at TEDxLundUniversity – Video on YouTube
- Debatekeeper Android App - An excellent application that times debates and beeps at the appropriate times to indicate the beginning and end of protected time.
Debating Blogs and other community resources
- The Communist Case File (Facebook Group) – Crowdsourced collection of useful information and discussions. (Not actually communist.)
- European Debating – Contains an up to date list of dates for upcoming European debating competitions and motions from previous competitions.
- Global Debate – Alfred Snider’s Blog on international competitive debating (BP and World Schools focused).
- SevenTwenty – Dutch and general debating blog
- AchteMinute – Group blog focused on German and international debating
- DEBATTIERKLUB WIEN – Updates from Vienna debating society